These classic no-bake cookies were a staple of my childhood, and a quick summer treat to share with friends and family.
With 15 minutes of your time, and a little bit of love, these are impossible to mess up!
TIME ALLOTTED: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Makes about 20 cookies):
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 cups Oats (Old fashioned oats)
- Measure oats into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine butter, milk, sugar, peanut butter, and cocoa.
- Stir together over medium heat until fully combined.
- Once it is boiling set the timer for 4 minutes, continue to stir during this time.
- Continue stirring, making sure to scrape the sides of the pan as needed.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Add the oats and stir until completely covered. Work quickly as these will harden as they cool!
- Scoop small dollops onto wax paper, using a greased cookie scoop, or simply a kitchen spoon.
Let fully cool.
Enjoy your no-bake cookies!