These have been a saving grace when needing a quick last minute meal for guests! Enjoy!
TIME ALLOTTED: 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Makes four bell peppers):
- 4 Bell Peppers (Pick your favorite color, and make sure the peppers chosen are decently large)
- 1 Box Quick Rice (Brand of your choice)
- 1 pound of Ground Turkey (Can substitute other meat if need be)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Onion and Garlic
- 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper (If you desire)
- Over medium-high heat, brown turkey in frying pan.
- Wash bell peppers.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a circle around the stem, cutting into the pepper completely on top.
- Carefully pop this piece with the stem out of the peppers and remove all seeds from inside.
- Place bell peppers into boiling water and blanch for 3-5 minutes. Using tongs, remove each carefully and place it in a dish big enough to set all peppers upright and next to one another.
- Once the meat has fully cooked, drain and return the pan to the stovetop.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning, including salt and pepper if necessary. Bring to a boil and then remove fully from heat.
- Spoon the mixture into each bell pepper, filling to the top.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. (Sprinkle until you are satisfied with the amount of cheese in the dish!)
- Place the filled dish into the oven and set to broil. Watch and remove from the oven once cheese appears golden brown and bubbly, and peppers look somewhat softened.
Enjoy your delicious meal!